Pages

Wednesday 3 July 2013

Ideas for fountain sculpture



Thought and Independency

For ideas for our sculpture we looked at words that we use to describe the visual arts department. We used these words as a a prompt for our sculpture. The words I focused on were thought, and independency. I used these words as a stimulus to start thinking of ideas for my sculpture.

When using the word 'thought' for a stimulus I wanted to focus on the way when in the visual arts department we think about our artwork, we brainstorm ideas.
The word brainstorm makes me think of an explosion so I looked up 'explosion sculpture' and found this first image.


This sculpture is by an Indian artist called Subodh Gupta it's a giant mushroom cloud made from brass and copper pots and pans. This sculpture was made from recycled found objects like ours will be.

DNA Double Helix- 2005. This sculpture is by Charles Jenks and is on the Cambridge Sculpture Trail that we went on.

I then went on to look at sculptures that have been made based on the structure of DNA. This then linked in with my word independency as everyone in the world has there own DNA as it makes up who we are. 



I think the words independency and thought link really well and are good words for a stimulus to start thinking about a sculpture within the visual arts department. This is because we are all individuals in this department and we all think in our own way to be creative. We all have our own ideas that make up our body of work whilst studying at Long  Road Sixth Form college.


I looked at some other spiral sculptures that follow the DNA structure for some more research and as a prompt for my final idea.


No comments:

Post a Comment