Pages

Wednesday 3 July 2013

Review of my exhibition

My exhibition

This week I put up an exhibition of a selection of my year one art work for moderation. I had many pieces of mount board with final pieces from most of my units. Alongside my mount boards I also placed all my sketchbooks with all the documentation and artist research of how I managed to create my final pieces- I placed all these sketchbooks on a plinth under my boards. Sketchbooks from all my units are there.. Printmaking, sculpture, mixed media, textiles, photography, painting, drawing, art history, computers in art.

My sculpture I created for the Zoology museum in my sculpture unit is hanging in the top right corner of my given boards and is hanging from the ceiling with sturdy wire. I placed work from my mixed media unit that was based on the wings from my sculpture (as I had used the same natural form in both units for inspiration) just behind where the sculpture hung as it links in well.

I had to think about what boards would go where, I tried to keep my clean mount boards (photography, computers in art and textiles) on one side and the more messy work on the other side (etchings, mixed media and painting). This is so my exhibition linked in well with each other and was easy for moderation.

Alongside this exhibition I have two A1 size portfolios that I have kept other mount boards in of other work I have mounted within all these 9 units. So obviously I couldn't mount all my work but I think I mounted most of my best work and the exhibition makes sense and I am happy with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment